[tz] WSJ follows AP to Kyiv

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Nov 20 21:12:43 UTC 2019

On 11/19/19 4:31 PM, John Hawkinson wrote:

> I read Bryan to be suggesting we should make rules for when a zone should be renamed in theory.html.
> One thing I think is clear is that renaming does not happen very often, and that we don't have a clear understanding of the criteria, and we really don't have sufficient basis to engage in rulemaking.

Yes, there doesn't seem to be a need to invent or develop new
guidelines. However, there is some precedent and documenting it should
be useful, if only to help simplify future discussion (others have
already commented on the length of this thread :-). Although I suppose
this could be read as a new guideline, I think it's more of an existing
guideline that hadn't been written down clearly yet. Proposed patch
attached.