[tz] Question about bug seen in OpenBSD and FreeBSD related to tzname

Andras Farkas deepbluemistake at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 07:52:43 UTC 2019

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 1:27 AM Andras Farkas <deepbluemistake at gmail.com> wrote:
> The read-only (or intended to be read-only in your C program, and set
> by the implementation, i.e. the OS) C macros are:
> _POSIX_VERSION
> _POSIX2_VERSION
> _XOPEN_VERSION
> The macros intended to be set within a C program's source are:
> _POSIX_C_SOURCE
> _XOPEN_SOURCE
I'm gonna correct myself.  When I said "your C program" and "a C
program's source" I meant an application/util/etc.
tzcode probably shouldn't be setting any of those 5 macros (because it
IS the implementation, yet it's also not the OS) but can absolutely
read all 5 of those in useful ways.

I'll probably start a new thread/subjectline for the topics of
compiling with USG_COMPAT on FreeBSD, and tzcode preprocessor macros,
soon, rather than continue to use this thread.  Just to categorise
things better.