[tz] 'Australia/Canberra' time zone?

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sun Nov 24 20:52:23 UTC 2019

On 11/23/19 10:22 PM, Philip Paeps wrote:
> On 2019-11-24 16:13:57 (+1000), Garrett Wollman wrote:
>> I chose not to install the "backward" zones in the hope that this would more
>> securely deprecate the then-recently-obsoleted old-style names like
>> "US/Eastern"

> I have no strong opinion about whether to install the backzone links in FreeBSD
> or not.

Hold on a second: although Garrett wrote "backward", you and Tom wrote
"backzone". They're quite different things. Although many OSes install the links
in the "backward" file, the "backzone" file is not recommended (see its comments
for why). So I assume you meant "backward", not "backzone".

(This is in contrast to Lester's followup email, which said "backzone" and was
actually about the "backzone" file.)

Maybe we should rename "backzone" to avoid future confusion like this. It's not
a file people should normally want to use anyway.