[tz] Volgograd is planning to change its time zone back to Moscow on December 20, 2020

wtz wtz at worldtimezone.com
Wed Dec 2 22:57:43 UTC 2020

According to the news :https://v1.ru/text/politics/2020/12/02/69593431/The State Duma plan to adopt Federal Law N 1012130-7 "On amendments to article 5 of the Federal law" "On the calculation of time" for Volgograd region by mid-December.(State Duma plan to pass the Bill in the second and third reading next week  - around December 9, 2020)Regards,Alexander Krivenyshev,WorldTimeZone.comSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Thanks.  I've also installed the attached further patch to the development repository to adjust the comments in {zone,zone1970}.tab, since Volgograd will be considered MSK+0 once again.--Tim ParentiOn Sat, 28 Nov 2020 at 10:08, <wtz at worldtimezone.com> wrote:On 2020-11-27 20:01, Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 11/27/20 1:23 PM, wtz at worldtimezone.com wrote:
>> The State Duma approved (Nov 24, 2020) the transition of the Volgograd
>> region to the Moscow time zone.
>
> Thanks for the heads-up. My reading of the tea leaves (admittedly from
> a good distance away) is that it's significantly more likely for this
> change to be approved than disapproved, so a proposed patch is
> attached and I installed this into the development version on GitHub.
>
> Do you happen to know approximately when the change might be approved?
> We could do a tzdb release soon after official approval.

According official State Duma web site,
Nov 30, 2020 is the deadline for submitting amendments within 7 days
from the date of adoption of the resolution
(Nov 24, 2020 - Bill was approved by the State Duma in the first
reading).
I will continue to monitor the progress of the Bill and will let you
know.
My guess that it will happen quickly as implementation date is Dec 20,
2020.

Cheers
Alexander Krivenyshev
WorldTimeZone.com