[tz] Volgograd is planning to change its time zone back to Moscow on December 20, 2020

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Dec 3 00:05:01 UTC 2020

On 12/2/20 2:57 PM, wtz wrote:
> (State Duma plan to pass the Bill in the second and third reading next week  -
> around December 9, 2020)

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. After December 9, it'll still need a look-see
by the Federation Council and a signing by the president before it's a done
deal. Not much time before the time change on December 20. I suppose people will
just use "Europe/Moscow" if their tzdb copies aren't updated in time.

Your source says "в скандальном вопросе" ("v skandal'nom voprose"), a curious
choice of words. The extreme lack of notice is scandalous from my point of view,
and perhaps the source is making the same point.