[tz] zic bug: Wall-clock ordering of transition times

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Dec 8 01:13:07 UTC 2020

On 12/7/20 1:29 PM, Arthur David Olson wrote:
> https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/1996-May/date.html
> <https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/1996-May/date.html>
> ...includes links to messages regarding the work done in 1996; check out the
> messages including "simultaneous" in the subject.

Thanks for the pointers. So it's a bit of code that you and I wrote, and that
I'd totally forgotten about. Good memory!

For the record, the commit in question is dated 1996-05-16 13:48:28 -04 and can
be found here:

https://github.com/eggert/tz/commit/2f53da99b5fb6e0a4cf5861ed80d84643032aeec

and it says (in C) roughly what I attempted to write (in longer English) in the
recent doc patch. Admittedly a bit of a delay between installing the code and
installing the corresponding documentation....