[tz] Volgograd is planning to change its time zone back to Moscow on December 20, 2020

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Dec 23 02:15:55 UTC 2020

On 12/22/20 4:16 PM, Brian Inglis wrote:
> so should be abbreviated *MSK* not +03, as in your current patch.

Yes, that's a tricky one. We've been using +03 for this sort of thing
elsewhere (and you can see that in the earlier lines for Europe/Volgograd);
the patch merely followed in that tradition.

Personally I'd rather get out of the business of deciding which instances of
+03 were Moscow time and which were not, partly because Moscow wasn't always
+03 and figuring out all this stuff is more trouble than it's worth. So
perhaps it'd be better to be more consistent and to use MSK with
Europe/Moscow (for backward compatibility, if nothing else), and to use +03
in other Zones.