[tz] tz list not in IANA list Re: tzdb data for North and Central America

Kim Davies kim.davies at iana.org
Fri Jan 17 16:23:04 UTC 2020

Howdy,

Quoting Martin Burnicki on Friday January 17, 2020:

> Hm, I just visited

> followed the link "Overview of all iana.org mailing lists" in the footer
> of that page, which points to

> but didn't see the tz list on that page.
>
> Is that intentional, or am I missing something, or should the mailing
> list admins be asked to add a reference to the tz list?

That index page is not very useful, it contains only a small fraction
of hundreds of mailing lists hosted on mm.icann.org, and those that are
listed are probably inadvertantly listed based on one of the raft of
configuration toggles in the Mailman interface. IANA leverages ICANN's
mailing list server for the few dozen mailing lists we administer and
none are listed on that index page, we link to them from the individual
topic area or registry the list supports (for those that are open to the
public).

I've dropped a note to ICANN's Engineering and IT folks to see if
they want to do anything about cleaning up that index page, but for
completeness, we operate two lists to support the Time Zone Database: