[tz] Fwd: DST changes in Hungary (full historical revision)

Tue Jun 9 21:15:39 UTC 2020

On 2020-06-08 05:37, Alois Treindl wrote:
> Thank you for the update to zone Europe/Budapest.
> Geza Nyary is another developer of astrology software who did careful local
> research and shared it with the TZ community.
>
> In my database of birth data records, there were 99'800 born in Hungary.
> 259 of these records were affected by the correction.

> On 08.06.20 01:25, Paul Eggert wrote:
>> Thanks for those corrections. I installed the attached patch to the development
>> database on GitHub. It's not exactly what you emailed me, but it should generate
>> equivalent transitions.
>>
>> It'd help if we could list citations for the transitions; are URLs available for
>> each decree etc. that you consulted? We could add them as comments.

Emphasizing the need for the references Paul asked for: without links or
authoritative citations to refer back to, these entries are just more anecdotal
evidence that may be changed by information from the next person to comment
about that zone.
If the link is an online reference document, it is always a good idea to also
access that link thru the Wayback Machine at archive.org, so that if the
original page is changed or lost, the same information can still be retrieved.
It may also be useful if you can find an OCLC WorldCat.org Cataloguing in
Publication record for the document or record series you cite: government
documents should be catalogued by the national library/-ies of deposit in those
countries.

[Data in IEC units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]