[tz] re SPDX, I'll do the work, if you'll use the tag

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 11:49:01 UTC 2020

* Robert Elz:

> There are two aspects, the data itself, and the form in which it is
> presented.   The data is just facts, and it makes no sense to license
> any of that (in any way at all) or to apply anything to indicate that
> status.

Some jurisdictions recognize copyright-like protections for databases
and database works.  For absolute clarity, ICANN (and other parties who
might be entitlted to them) could state that it does not intend to claim
such rights.  A PD declaration on the data could be seen as sufficient.

Thanks,
Florian