[tz] FW: [Ext] The TZ Coordination

Milamber milamberspace at gmail.com
Sun May 31 18:57:26 UTC 2020

On 5/31/20 6:25 PM, Matt Johnson-Pint wrote:
> Forgive me if this is in any way ignorant, but why must the DST
> transitions align so precisely with Ramadan?

Because, during the Ramadan, the Muslims don't eat/drink from the
sunrise to the sundown, so in Morocco with a GMT+1 timezone, the first
lunch of the day will be near 08:30 pm (named 'Ftour' - Breakfast). So
the people (and government) prefer switch back to GMT+0 to have the
first lunch earlier during this month.