[tz] KyivNotKiev

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Sat Nov 28 00:52:20 UTC 2020

On 2020-11-26 19:27:30 (+0800), Andriy Ivanchenko wrote:
> What do I need to do for you to make such changes?
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KyivNotKiev
> Are such changes possible?

I'm generally in the knee-jerk "keep our identifiers stable" camp.
Insert the usual paragraph about CLDR and such.

However.

Given that even the English language Wikipedia has changed though,
perhaps it is time to consider doing a Calcutta on Kiev (or a Kolkata on
Kyiv).

I don't think we need to duplicate the Wikipedia effort to research
whether Kyiv is now the more dominant spelling in English.  I am happy
to take their word for it.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps