[tz] make rearguard_tarballs fails on macOS

Deborah Goldsmith goldsmit at apple.com
Sat Oct 17 04:09:19 UTC 2020

Hi Paul,

This is on the latest version of macOS. While Darwin has a lot of content from FreeBSD, there’s no effort to keep the two in sync AFAIK. According to Wikipedia Darwin is not POSIX-compatible but is compatible with the Single UNIX Specification, version 3.

I’ll just patch the Makefile and then patch the output to remove the “dirty”.

Thanks,
Debbie