[tz] Palestine to end summer time on Oct 24th

Sharef Mustafa sharefm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 16:53:52 UTC 2020

Hi,

Following the discussion on discrepancies in Palestine DST changes /
announcements, kindly consider the following :

- Palestinian government do not stick to certain rule regarding DST, it is
a year by year desidion
- DST announcements are usually few days before the actual date of change,
though ..I'm not sure why
- The wording of the DST announcement is not predefined or agreed upon,
thus it can be vague in some cases
- The cabinet website was late in many occasions to publish the official
announcement in a proper time, thus we turned to local news sites, which
was not reliable enough in some cases
- There are efforts within the government to fix this, but bureaucracy left
it behind

I hope this clarifies the case...till next DST announcement "some time" in
March 2021  :)

Have a nice day.

Sharef