[tz] Wisconsin daylight savings 1957

TJ tj at sheer.tj
Sat Apr 17 02:39:34 UTC 2021

Hey everyone,

I was doing some digging and found the following referendum in 1957 for
Wisconsin.
- https://ballotpedia.org/Wisconsin_Daylight_Saving_Time,_Question_1_(April_1957)

The text of the measure that passed was:
"Shall section 175.095 (2) of the statutes, which proposes a statewide daylight saving time of one hour per day from the last Sunday in April to the last Sunday in September in each year be law beginning with the last Sunday in April 1957?"

However, the 1947 ballot to use daylight savings was defeated:
https://ballotpedia.org/Wisconsin_Daylight_Saving_Time_Referendum,_Question_1_(April_1947)

In the tz db for North America, it looks like Wisconsin is using
America/Chicago which has a few rules for the time period in question:
Rule	Chicago	1922	1954	-	Sep	lastSun	2:00	0	S
Rule	Chicago	1955	1966	-	Oct	lastSun	2:00	0	S

It appears to me that Wisconsin might need some modification? Is this
the correct mailing list for this discussion? Thanks,

TJ