[tz] JavaScript IANA date/time library, now with support for leap seconds, TAI, TDT

John Sauter John_Sauter at systemeyescomputerstore.com
Mon Apr 26 20:03:59 UTC 2021

On Mon, 2021-04-26 at 15:15 -0400, Kerry Shetline via tz wrote:

> I’m also using this library for a Raspberry Pi astronomy/weather clock
> (https://github.com/kshetline/aw-clock) which is capable of displaying
> leap seconds when they occur. (Leap seconds might be abandoned in 2023,
> however, before the clock ever gets a chance to do its special leap
> second display!). For this purpose, the exact whole-second, non-rubbery
> regime of my conversion scheme is useful.

I love the way you display leap seconds on an analog clock face:
https://shetline.com/video/leap_second_display.mp4.

Based on the way the Earth has been rotating recently, the next leap
second will be around the end of this decade, and it will be a negative
leap second.
    John Sauter (John_Sauter at systemeyescomputerstore.com
--
get my PGP public key with gpg --locate-external-keys
John_Sauter at systemeyescomputerstore.com