[tz] Request for change to the tz database

Kim Davies kim.davies at iana.org
Mon Feb 8 20:56:33 UTC 2021

One idea we’ve discussed in the past is directing those who wish to report issues to a web form that could work through things like structuring their submission, and perhaps present answers to common questions like the Kiev issue. It would also help address another challenge which is submitters aren’t necessarily aware that by emailing tz at iana.org<mailto:tz at iana.org> it is going to a public email list with hundreds of subscribers, and their contribution will be published online.

If there is general support for the IANA team performing an initial triage for non-subscribers based on the content of their submission, we can work on setting something up. As Paul alludes to at present we are moderating non-subscriber submissions, but only to do a summary check that it is ‘on-topic’, i.e. related to time zone issues.

kim