[tz] Request for change to the tz database

Guy Harris gharris at sonic.net
Mon Feb 8 22:12:48 UTC 2021

On Feb 8, 2021, at 1:40 PM, Clive D.W. Feather <clive at davros.org> wrote:

> John Hawkinson said:
>
>> If we were getting 1 inquiry from a new person about Kyiv each week, or each day, that would be telling us something.
>> (Something which, I would argue, we should listen to).
>>
>> As it is, we're barely hitting one per month, on the average.
>
> Really? It feels a lot more.

Looking through the list, the first such request I see is a side note in a 2013-03-25 email from Anton Shumskyi titled "Re: [tz] Ukraine time changes":

> Ukraine will use DST from March 30, as of today nothing changes
> http://en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/141946.html
>
> besides is there any way to correct some Ukrainian cities names (change from Russian transliteration to Ukrainian)
> 1. "Kiev -> Kyiv"
> 2. "Zaporozhye" -> "Zaporizhia"
> 3. "Uzhgorod" -> "Uzhhorod"
> 4. "Simferopol" is the correct name
> please see this as example
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Ukraine

After that, there are requests on:

	2014-04-14

	2015-03-27

	2016-04-01

	2016-10-30

	2016-12-01
	2016-12-06
	2017-12-07
	2017-12-08

	2018-03-05

	2018-10-03
	2018-10-09

	2018-12-06

	2019-05-08
	2019-05-29

	2019-06-21

	2019-10-11

	2020-02-18

	2020-08-16

	2020-09-14

	2021-01-08
	2021-01-18

	2021-02-05
	2021-02-08

So the traffic is bursty; we've recently had bursts in January and February, which makes it look more common than it is on average.