[tz] State of Palestine Time zone - need to update

Phake Nick c933103 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 05:53:21 UTC 2021

在 2021年2月11日週四 17:50,heba hamad <heba.hamad at mtit.gov.ps> 寫道:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> In reference to your recent response at 25 Oct,2020 regarding State of
> Palestine’s request to correct the ‘Time Zone Database’, we would like to
> confirm that ‘TZ’ related to the State of Palestine is as follows:
>
> *PS   State of Palestine   Asia/East Jerusalem       UTC +2:00*

Note that, TZ database use most populous city in an area to determine zone
name, not administrative center.

> Also, we would like to inform you that the State of Palestine comprises of
> the West Bank, including East Jerusalem and Gaza, all of which are integral
> parts of the State of Palestine, thus, as one territorial unit all areas
> belong to the same time zone.

Please note that, TZ database assign different zones to area ever have
different time since year 1970. As there were time since then that the two
places have different zones, there are now multiple zones in the country,
similar to situation in countries like United States, Australia and Mexico