[tz] State of Palestine Time zone - need to update

David Patte dpatte at relativedata.com
Fri Feb 12 14:04:37 UTC 2021

I would say that is a poor example. North Korea is recognized worldwide
as being a different country than the location of Seoul.

But there is an organization that is responsible for making decisions on
such issues.

I still don't understand why the maintainers of this database seem so
hesitant to recognize the UN's (and its branches) main purpose is to be
the party that was exactly set up to be the resolver of such issues, and
is duly recognized by nearly every nation on earth for that exact
purpose. Its not perfect, but that is its job.

It clearly seems to me that the maintainers of this database prefer to
apply their own anglo-centric and america-centric politics to the data
instead of deferring to that responsibility that the party the rest of
the world recognizes was setup to reduce such public squabbling.

For the remaining billions of people, and millions of software
developers in the world, that are not American, the current decision
process of this db is is truly insulting and arrogant.