[tz] South Sudan to change time zone?

Wed Jan 20 05:50:05 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-19 17:04, Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 1/19/21 3:50 PM, Deborah Goldsmith via tz wrote:
>> This article says the change will take place at “midnight, February 1”:
>>
>> http://southsudan24news.com/south-sudan-change-its-time-zone-in-february-1-2021/
>
> The version I now see says, "The change will occur at 00:00 (midnight) on
> February 1, when clocks will be set back 1 hour to 23:00 (11:00 pm)." This is a
> bit confusing, because if the change is indeed at 00:00 on February 1, the
> quoted text should have ended in "23:00 (11:00 pm) the previous day" to avoid
> confusion.
>
> Perhaps the official announcement (if one is made and someone can provide it)
> will be less confusing.

That article is datelined 4 days ago on January 15, and contains another
quotation of the original report on the decision made at the cabinet meeting.
It is the latest article on that site, which seems to repost articles from other
sites occasionally, and is based in Omaha, NE, US, from its Contact page, and
the same is true for other so called South Sudan news sites.

If nothing further is posted on January 20th Wednesday reporting on the
"covidiotic" meeting of January 19th Tuesday, in which the actual business
reported appeared to be:

https://www.sudanspost.com/makuei-says-state-govts-national-legislature-to-be-formed-next-week/

someone with a Facebook account and Messenger could reach out via
https://www.facebook.com/www.motps.goss.org/  "Contact Ministry of ICT & Postal
Services-Republic of South Sudan on Messenger"  or "Send Message" links to
"@www.motps.goss.org".

Or just go with the guess!