[tz] South Sudan to change time zone?

Sat Jan 30 06:00:12 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-29 15:28, Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 1/29/21 2:34 AM, Steffen Thorsen wrote:
>> http://southsudan24news.com/south-sudan-change-its-time-zone-in-february-1-2021/
>> "The change will occur at 00:00 (midnight) on February 1, when clocks will be
>> set back 1 hour to 23:00 (11:00 pm)."
>> and
>> https://www.sudanspost.com/s-sudan-to-share-time-zone-with-sudan-egypt/
>> https://kampalapost.com/content/south-sudan-changes-official-time-zone
>
> Unfortunately, the third URL contradicts the first one, by reporting that a
> government official said that the transition will occur at 01:00 (switching to
> 00:00) rather than 00:00 (switching to 23:00 the previous day). This is the
> first I've seen of such an assertion, and as it contradicts our other sources
> I'm somewhat inclined to discount it. But here is the quote:
> South Sudan’s undersecretary in the ministry of labour Mary Hillary Wan Pitia,
> Thursday officially communicated, “South Sudan has changed its official time
> from UTC +3 to UTC +2; which is based on South Sudan’s real location on the globe.”
> The undersecretary added, “This means that the current time is set back by one
> hour. The current 1:00 am will be set back to 00:00 am, from February 1, 2021.

Undersecretary in the Ministry of Labour *NOT* Ministry of ICT & Postal
Services, so there may be a loss in accuracy, comprehension, and understanding,
  and there appears to be no obvious site for official communication of recent
or relevant information other than
<https://www.facebook.com/pg/Ministry-of-Labour-Public-Service-GoSS-403667863072872/community/?ref=page_internal>