[tz] How can I add a new time zone: 'America/Joao Pessoa'?

Guy Harris gharris at sonic.net
Sun Jan 31 22:30:22 UTC 2021

On Jan 31, 2021, at 2:13 PM, Fabrício Cabral <fabriciofx at gmail.com> wrote:

> How can I add a new time zone? I'd like add 'America/Joao Pessoa'. Joao Pessoa[1] is the capital of Paraiba state, in Brazil.

The first step would be to give the history of time zone changes in the region that contains it, indicating how its history differs from that of other tzdb regions in Brazil (America/Noronha, America/Belem, America/Santarem, America/Fortaleza, America/Recife, America/Araguaina, America/Maceio, America/Bahia, America/Sao_Paulo, America/Campo_Grande, America/Cuiaba, America/Porto_Velho, America/Boa_Vista, America/Manaus, America/Eirunepe, and America/Rio_Branco), so that it requires a new region.