[tz] Breach of tzdb charter: Merging timezones is not within the charter

David Patte dpatte at relativedata.com
Fri Jun 4 01:50:35 UTC 2021

Users of historical data, what I called type (2) users, app developers,
would like accurate, current and historical data for as many places as
possible, and at a minimum for all the cities that used to be part of
the main tz table.

i want the data for Montreal: future, now, and back to LMT, and for any
other city possible, especially for those cities already in back files.
This could be done by fixing the backfiles. Then, I can accept the main
tz having no historical data, or names, and they can span just a zone
while ignoring politics, and i will simply stop using the main tz table
altogether and only use backfiles.