[tz] 回复: 回复: zoneinfo generating issues

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Mar 12 17:58:37 UTC 2021

On 3/12/21 1:55 AM, Ian Abbott wrote:

> For (B), would adding an extra leap-second record at the expiry time
> with no difference in correction value work? That would not conform to
> RFC 8536, but seems unlikely to break any thing unless that thing is
> strictly checking that correction values differ by exactly 1.

Exactly my thought. Unfortunately tzcode itself is picky here (because I
mistakenly made it picky when helping to write RFC 8536). I doubt
whether anyone else is so picky unless they're imitating tzcode itself.
That being said, we'll need to be a bit cautious here, and not introduce
this change willy-nilly.