[tz] About missing country in your Time Zone Database?

John Hawkinson jhawk at alum.mit.edu
Tue May 11 01:24:44 UTC 2021

Am I the only one who is terribly uncomfortable with how this played out?

My interpretation is that the original requester (Besnik Sadiku) misunderstood what Paul did, and came away with concluding that we had done as he requested, when in fact we perhaps (arguably) did the opposite.

At the very least, I think, it is incumbent upon us to modify the language we use in responding to requests like this so that it is much less prone to misinterpretation.

It is possible that there is a good ethical argument in favor of further clarification to the original requester, who I have dropped from the cc list now.

jhawk at alum.mit.edu
John Hawkinson

Sadiku, Besnik via tz <tz at iana.org> wrote on Thu,  6 May 2021