[tz] (no subject)

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Tue May 11 02:02:07 UTC 2021

On Mon, 10 May 2021 at 21:37, Cool Gab19 via tz <tz at iana.org> wrote:

> can you add UTC+15:00 "Future Standard Time" time zone it was 1 hour ahead
> from all 24 hour world time zone and it doesn't have any  current region or
> countries

Sorry, that would be outside the scope of our project, which is limited to
civil timescales in use around the world.  We can't justify adding
arbitrary or invented zone definitions that don't see a reasonable level of
real-world use.  See "Scope of the tz database" at
https://data.iana.org/time-zones/data/theory.html

> same to Universal Time which can be used anywhere

The difference here is that Universal Time *is* indeed widely used in
science and communications throughout the world.  This is why we provide
the Etc/UTC zone.

> please put this thing on your database so i can able to see this on my
> devices settings.

You don't mention the specific type of device here, but if your device
supports the POSIX time zone format, you could set TZ="<+15>-15" to
effectuate year-round UTC+15:00 if that's what you need.  This would likely
work in most Linux and Linux-like distributions.  Although generally
inadvisable, the Windows registry could probably be coerced into doing
something similar.

If you're trying to accomplish this on a mobile phone, though, you'll
typically be limited to what the operating system provides through its
settings menus.  I don't know whether any given mobile operating system
supports custom TZ strings under the hood… if so, it's conceivable that an
application could be written to help force such a setting, but I'd imagine
doing so would break a lot of other things.

--
Tim Parenti