[tz] Philippines DST

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Tue May 11 02:16:50 UTC 2021

On Mon, 10 May 2021 at 21:26, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:

> On 5/10/21 8:36 AM, P Chan via tz wrote:
> > Here's a fairly comprehensive article in Japanese:
> > https://wiki.suikawiki.org/n/Philippine%20Time
>
> Thanks, I installed the attached (unfortunately with a misspelling in
> the commit message).

P Chan— Thanks for that source.  Although that article seems to cite us a
bit, I do see that it has some information on DST dates in 1990 as well as
possibly some better sourcing for our other dates.  If you have some time
or inclination to tease out some of these specifics and/or translate the
relevant parts to English, that would be quite helpful.

In the meantime, I'll add this to my growing queue for historical data —
I've been working on extensive historical changes for Portugal for a while
now based on:
https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2021-February/029778.html
I hope to have that ready soon, since we have only partial changes for
Portugal staged now.  I also haven't forgotten to come back to your prior
threads "Some time zone history (3)" and "(4)".

--
Tim Parenti