[tz] Pre-1970 data

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Nov 8 23:04:52 UTC 2021

On 11/8/21 13:30, Tony Finch via tz wrote:
> The tz maintenance rules as written clearly said that each country should
> have at least one zone until 2019. That rule started being broken in 2013

If I'm reading the tzdb history correctly, from 2013–2019 the guidelines
said only that there should typically be at least one name (not Zone)
for each inhabited ISO country or territory. From 1997–2013 the
guidelines also talked about names, not Zones. (There were no guidelines
in this area before 1997.)

So it appears that there has never been a guideline saying that each
country should have at least one zone, and this means no such rule was
ever broken.