[tz] Proposal: Sections for different kinds of backward links

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Nov 9 16:42:18 UTC 2021

On 11/9/21 02:30, Stephen Colebourne via tz wrote:
> Alternate approaches to this problem are possible. For example,
> a new file could be created for each section.

This alternative sounds good to me, as I've had bad luck in the past
with "comments" that are actually part of an API. Separating the Link
commands into different .zi files would make it easy for downstream
users to select which links they want by specifying the already-existing
Makefile variable BACKWARD. For compatibility with uses that assume a
file named 'backward', we could build 'backward' from the concatenation
of these new .zi files.