[tz] Proposal: Sections for different kinds of backward links

Stephen Colebourne scolebourne at joda.org
Thu Nov 18 02:29:19 UTC 2021

As a reminder, you said "These groupings should provide useful
information downstream."

I've provided feedback that the categories are not helpful to me as a
downstream consumer - Having "Singapore" (an obsolete ID) in `primary`
really isn't useful info and you might as well not bother with the
change. The whole point is to provide a way to prune obsolete IDs like
that.

If you want downstream consumers to have useful info from this change
you would need a list of all obsolete IDs, all posixish IDs and the
minimal set of primary IDs (ie. excluding spelling and obsolete
variants) .

thanks
Stephen