[tz] On ISO country for timezones (Re: Classifying IDs)

Mark Davis ☕️ mark at macchiato.com
Fri Oct 8 17:06:41 UTC 2021

> Deprecated implies they will go away at some point

That is not necessarily the case. In Unicode we have deprecated certain
characters, but we make it very clear that they will *never* be removed.
Nor does it mean that implementations have to ignore them if they are
passed to the implementation. What it does mean is that people are strongly
discouraged from generating them in implementations. So they shouldn't be
on keyboards, or in character pickers.

Mark