[tz] Daylight Saving in Fiji Islands

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Mon Oct 11 18:01:54 UTC 2021

On Mon, 11 Oct 2021 at 13:43, P Chan <legco at outlook.com> wrote:

> https://www.fiji.gov.fj/Media-Centre/Speeches/English/PM-BAINIMARAMA-S-COVID-19-ANNOUNCEMENT-10-10-21
>
> "Given that we are in the process of readjusting in the midst of so many
> changes, we will also put Daylight Savings Time on hold for this year. It
> will also make the reopening of scheduled commercial air service much
> smoother if we don’t have to be concerned shifting arrival and departure
> times, which may look like a simple thing but requires some significant
> logistical adjustments domestically and internationally."

Thanks; I'd found that same page independently at about the same time.
Looks like this was included in a speech announcing several updates to
Covid-19 mitigation measures in Fiji.

Proposed patch attached and installed in the development repository.  This
affects timestamps beginning in about a month (14 November, Fiji time), so
we'll need to cut another release soon.

--
Tim Parenti