[tz] Replacing the TZ Coordinator

Derick Rethans tz at derickrethans.nl
Wed Sep 22 08:54:24 UTC 2021

On 22 September 2021 03:08:00 BST, Robert Masters via tz <tz at iana.org> wrote:
>I do not believe we have got to that stage. That said, I also believe we should hold off on any major changes until we have a clear consensus.
>
>I think an appropriate course of action would be to revert to 2021a, apply the changes just announced, and then everyone take a week off to think about things and to calm down.
>
>After we've all taken a week's break let's all put together the various proposals in a single list, and work out which is the right one (if any) to go forward with.

I wholeheartedly agree with that.

I don't want a fork, I don't want to replace anybody.

What I do want is a consensus seeking process to change away from a status quo. For me, that status quo is currently the 2021a release. If anybody, including the TZ Coordinator, wants to deviate from that status quo, a consensus should be reached *before* implementing such a change.

As a data consumer, stability of the default output of zic is paramount.

cheers
Derick