[tz] Replacing the TZ Coordinator

Stephen Colebourne scolebourne at joda.org
Wed Sep 22 18:06:54 UTC 2021

Just to complete this thread - there is clearly no consensus on this
mailing list to change the TZ Coordinator.

To aid understanding, under the RFC process that the project is
governed by, there are fundamentally two mechanisms applicable when a
dispute arises, section 5 (an appeal to the IESG) and section 4
(removal of the Coordinator). Both of these formal avenues have now
been tried and failed.

The potential options remaining are to fork the project or to solve
the issue. For the avoidance of doubt, my preferred option would be to
solve the issue.

I do note the string support in this thread for the following action:
"an appropriate course of action would be to revert to 2021a, apply
the changes just announced, and then everyone take a week off to think
about things and to calm down"

Paul, as duly endorsed TZ Coordinator, are you willing to accept the
proposed action to allow time and space to come up with a proper
solution?

Stephen