[tz] Issues with pre-1970 information in TZDB

dpatte dpatte at relativedata.com
Wed Sep 22 19:40:04 UTC 2021

In particular, in the current scenario, can we propose additions and corrections to the backzone file as new data becomes apparent, including adding new pre1970 zones?Sent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: "Murray S. Kucherawy via tz" <tz at iana.org> Date: 2021-09-22  15:16  (GMT-05:00) To: Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne at joda.org> Cc: Time Zone Mailing List <tz at iana.org> Subject: Re: [tz] Issues with pre-1970 information in TZDB On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 3:52 AM Stephen Colebourne via tz <tz at iana.org> wrote:Can we keep responses limited on this thread? Perhaps only respond if
you think I've mischaracterized the issues at stake here? Or missed
something obvious?My understanding is that these data are being moved from the regional files to the backzone file.  It's been pointed out before that a compile-time option can be set to include those entries in the production output of the build.If that's wrong or incomplete, please do correct me.  In either case, can you please explain why that compile-time option is not an acceptable solution for those who object to the change?-MSK