[tz] Preparing to fork tzdb

dpatte dpatte at relativedata.com
Thu Sep 23 04:12:43 UTC 2021

I also agree this is a first good step. But I still would like to know whether data in back zone can be modified in the future when new data comes in.Sent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Howard Hinnant via tz <tz at iana.org> Date: 2021-09-22  20:40  (GMT-05:00) To: Guy Harris <gharris at sonic.net> Cc: Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne at joda.org>, Time Zone Mailing List <tz at iana.org> Subject: Re: [tz] Preparing to fork tzdb On Sep 22, 2021, at 8:18 PM, Guy Harris <gharris at sonic.net> wrote:> > (I don't hold any of those views at all firmly.  My personal preference for what to do in the short term is "put out 2021a plus fixes such as Samoa as 2021b, don't put out the results of the merger yet, and discuss this further to see which of those, if any, should be adopted as the new policy, or pick a policy that's not in the list if that's where we end up".)Here we are firmly agreed.  I sincerely hope that the TZ Coordinator will take this path.Howard
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/attachments/20210923/5a42a3ae/attachment.html>

More information about the tz mailing list