[tz] Preparing to fork tzdb

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Thu Sep 23 04:47:57 UTC 2021

dpatte via tz <tz at iana.org> writes:
> The Montreal data was moved out because an error was discovered in the
> montreal data post 1970 which made it equivalent to Toronto. Great. The
> data was improved.But people still want a way of getting at the data for
> montreal pre 1970.

Hmm ... I think what people want is to be able to get at *correct* data
for Montreal pre-1970.  The comments on the Montreal entry express doubt
as to whether those numbers are correct at all.  Given that doubt, I've
got little problem with demoting the entry to secondary status.  If
someone comes along with better research, then that can change of course.

			regards, tom lane