[tz] DST in Jordan to start in February instead of March

Steffen Thorsen thorsen at timeanddate.com
Fri Sep 24 09:09:05 UTC 2021

The Jordanian Government announced yesterday that they will start DST in
February instead of March:

https://petra.gov.jo/Include/InnerPage.jsp?ID=37683&lang=en&name=en_news
(English)
"The Cabinet decided on Thursday to move the Kingdom's annual switch to
summertime from the end of March to the end of February. The cabinet
kept the switch to wintertime at the end of October.

Clocks are to be set back by 60 minutes as of 1am of the last Friday of
October every year, bringing the Kingdom two hours ahead of Greenwich
Mean Time, while they will be set forward one hour on the last Thursday
of February as of next year."

https://petra.gov.jo/Include/InnerPage.jsp?ID=189969&lang=ar&name=news
(Arabic)

 From the Arabic version, it seems to say it would be at midnight
(assume 24:00) on the last Thursday in February, starting from 2022.

There are a few news articles about it too:

https://www.jordannews.jo/Section-109/News/Daylight-savings-now-starts-from-February-not-March-7531
https://menafn.com/1102853678/Switch-to-summer-time-moved-a-month-earlier-to-February

Regarding the discussion on the future of backzone etc:
My vote would also go for doing 2021a + just the necessary Samoa
(+Jordan) patches in a 2021b until an agreement is made that is working
well for everyone. We also depend on backzone data to be present somehow.

Best regards,
Steffen - timeanddate.com