[tz] Some thoughts about the way forward

Kerry Shetline kerry at shetline.com
Fri Sep 24 21:01:32 UTC 2021

I’ve written code myself that depends on regex patterns (4 digits followed by one or two letters) to match timezone version numbers, so I definitely would not want to see the version formatting change, at least not abruptly and without plenty of lead time before the first version numbers in any new or modified format appear.