[tz] [EXTERNAL] [tz-announce] 2021b release of tz code and data available

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Sep 28 15:37:59 UTC 2021

On 9/28/21 5:57 AM, crdrequest at ups.com wrote:
> I was informed that the start Jordan now starts DST on February's last FRIDAY.....NOT THURSDAY.

My guess is that you're OK because your informant referred to 00:00 on
February's last Friday, which in 2022 is equivalent to what we have in
tzdb 2021b (namely, 24:00 on February's last Thursday). The distinction
between the two rules matters only in one year out of seven, the first
such year being 2024 when February ends on a Thursday.

Our source for the 24:00-on-last-Thursday rule is here (in Arabic):

https://petra.gov.jo/Include/InnerPage.jsp?ID=189969&lang=ar&name=news