[tz] [tz-announce] 2021b release of tz code and data available

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Wed Sep 29 03:30:46 UTC 2021

On 2021-09-29 01:01:42 (+0800), Paul Ganssle via tz wrote:
> For those on the list who re-package this, what did / do you plan to
> release? A version using `PACKRATDATA=backzone`, or no?

I imported 2021b as-is to FreeBSD main on Sunday.  I am still trying to
decide what to do about the stable branches and supported releases.

> I'd like to try and be as consistent as possible with what the
> majority of repackagers are doing, so I'm assuming I should go ahead
> with a standard build, but if a good fraction of people chose to
> semi-fork by using the provided make file option, that would be fine
> with me as well (and presumably would be better for people who have
> hard-coded transitions into their applications anyway). Anyone
> tracking who did what who could weigh in on this?

It looks like RedHat shipped 2021b as-is but Debian cherry-picked.

I am leaning towards the Debian approach and cherry-pick the Samoa and
Jordan changes.

I would also like to hear from other distributors.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer