[tz] Change Request: Europe/Kiev to Europe/Kyiv

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Wed Apr 13 03:59:30 UTC 2022

On 2022-04-13 08:42:32 (+0800), Paul Eggert via tz wrote:
> On 4/11/22 11:49, Jonathan Leffler via tz wrote:
>> I agree that the time has probably come to make the switch, leaving
>> the old
>> spelling as a backwards compatibility link.
>
> Yes, things have changed significantly since the last time I did a
> survey. Proposed patch attached, and installed into the development
> repository.

Thanks for (finally) making this change!

I would suggest some minor changes to the commentary though.  Referring
to "the current conflict" will not age well.  Words like "traditional"
and "popular" have unhelpful connotations which the word "common" neatly
avoids.

I also wonder if it wouldn't be less disruptive to our users to take
this opportunity to also rename Europe/Uzhgorod and Europe/Zaporozhye to
Europe/Uzhhorod and Europe/Zaporizhzhia at the same time...

Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer