[tz] Windows build failures

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Dec 20 04:30:38 UTC 2022

Oh, one more thing. If you compile with /std:c11 or /std:c17, does that
fix the problem? If so, perhaps we should just recommend that somewhere.
If not, I have some more questions:

How about if you instead compile with -DPORT_TO_C89?

I am asking these questions because of the following recently-changed
code in private.h:

#if PORT_TO_C89 && __STDC_VERSION__ < 199901 && !defined restrict
# define restrict /* empty */
#endif

Perhaps the "#define restrict /* empty */" is needed in your
Microsoft-based setup.

I have some other questions about your compiler, assuming you don't use
any of the above flags:

What is the value of __STDC_VERSION__ on your platform? And what is the
value of _MSC_VER?

Does "#include <stdbool.h>" work?

Does "#include <inttypes.h>" work? How about "#include <stdint.h>"?

Is there a snprintf function?