[tz] Europe/Kiev update for 1992-1995

Alois Treindl alois at astro.ch
Tue Feb 8 22:29:17 UTC 2022

Thanks for the update of the Ukraine zones, Paul.
As synchronicity arranges it, I just started today on my end to
implement pre-1970 zones for Ukraine, to cover more details
if its time history. I need another 20 or so zones for Ukraine, to get
everything covered.

The naming of Europe/Zaporozhye is indeed an issue.

I do not want to get involved in the Kiev/Kiyv issue. I am used to Kiev
(or Kiew in German).

But Zaporozhye is indeed an odd choice.

So if you ever give in on Kiev, Paul, please revise also Zaporozhye and
Uzhgorod at the same time.
Simferopol seems undisputed.