[tz] Europe/Kiev update for 1992-1995

Sun Feb 27 17:27:42 UTC 2022

On 2022-02-08 15:33, alois at astro.ch (Alois Treindl) wrote:
> On 08.02.22 23:29, Alois Treindl via tz wrote:
 >> On 08.02.22 21:37, ????? ?????????? wrote:

> See the attached images about how my zone set looks, compared to the TZ
> variant with 4 zones

>> Thanks for the update of the Ukraine zones, Paul.
>> As synchronicity arranges it, I just started today on my end to
>> implement pre-1970 zones for Ukraine, to cover more details
>> if its time history. I need another 20 or so zones for Ukraine, to get
>> everything covered.
>> The naming of Europe/Zaporozhye is indeed an issue.
>> I do not want to get involved in the Kiev/Kiyv issue. I am used to Kiev
>> (or Kiew in German).
>> But Zaporozhye is indeed an odd choice.
>> So if you ever give in on Kiev, Paul, please revise also Zaporozhye and
>> Uzhgorod at the same time.
>> Simferopol seems undisputed.

>>> Please correct the errors of recording the name of Kiev
>>> According to this link
>>> http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2014-March/020681.html
>>> The correct name is Kyiv, it is unclear how it became
>>>      Zone Europe/Kiev
>>> Also, there is no
>>>      Zone Europe/Zaporozhye
>>> in Ukraine or Europe, it is Europe/Zaporizhzhia
>>> Please correct the errors.

Please also bear in mind the current 2nd level geographical domains and
their spellings used in Ukraine (and those just reserved for future use)
by the UA CC TLD admins:

	https://hostmaster.ua/2ld/

and their transliteration rules from Cyrillic into Latin:

	https://hostmaster.ua/docs/

The page language drop down supports English, Ukrainian, or Russian.

[Please CC any replies as still having ML delivery issues with ISP!]