[tz] Commentary-only releases - let's not (was: Re: Please Don't Feed the Trolls (was Kyiv not Kiev))

Ian Abbott abbotti at mev.co.uk
Fri Jul 1 20:00:28 UTC 2022

On 01/07/2022 20:15, Petro Ord wrote:
>> If we somehow get through this year's late silly season with no urgent
>> releases, the current release will be out-of-date on 2023-March-21 (due
>> to DST changes in Iran) so we'd need a release a few months before then
>> to allow plenty of lead time for downstream maintainers and consumers.
>
> *forget to add not*
> So the fact that Ukraine DST ends on October 2022 does not even bother you.

[Disclaimer - I am just an interested observer, not a maintainer.]

Do you mean there are future timezone changes to Europe/Kyiv,
Europe/Simferopol, Europe/Uzhgorod, and/or Europe/Zaporozhye that the
database does not currently handle?  If no, then no it doesn't bother
me.  If yes, then please send links to the official announcements in a
new thread.

--
-=( Ian Abbott <abbotti at mev.co.uk> || MEV Ltd. is a company  )=-
-=( registered in England & Wales.  Regd. number: 02862268.  )=-