[tz] tzdata comments link to an April Fools article

Jeff Epler jepler at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 19:26:44 UTC 2022

I was poking around and found the following in the "australiasia" file:

# From Paul Eggert (2018-04-01):
# The Guardian Express of Perth, Australia reported today that the
# government decided to advance the clocks permanently on January 1,
# 2019, from UT +08 to UT +09.  The article noted that an exemption
# would be made for people aged 61 and over, who "can apply in writing
# to have the extra hour of sunshine removed from their area."  See:
# Daylight saving coming to WA in 2019. Guardian Express. 2018-04-01.
#
https://www.communitynews.com.au/guardian-express/news/exclusive-daylight-savings-coming-wa-summer-2018/

However, this article is a joke (note that it is dated April 1 and says
some rather silly things).

Maybe everyone was in on the joke, but I very nearly wasn't. I think it
would be best if this reference were removed or if not clearly marked as
humor. In the unlikely event that this actually reflects reality, perhaps a
different reference could be used.

Please cc: me on replies.

Jeff