[tz] Yet more historical data for Iran

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Jun 2 02:22:52 UTC 2022

Thanks for the further data on Iran.

Unfortunately the obvious patch to the "asia" file uncovered what
appears to be a longstanding bug in zic.c. So I installed the attached
three patches to fix this.

The first patch refactors zic.c as I had trouble following its
local-variable reuse, which is no longer needed with today's compilers.

The second patch fixes the zic.c bug in two different ways, sort of a
belt-and-suspenders thing.

The third patch updates the "asia" file to reflect our latest
understanding of Iran's civil time history, with a workaround to avoid
the bug in zic 2022a and earlier.

PS. Sorry about misspelling your name in the last commit message.