[tz] Summer time

heba.hamad@mtit.gov.ps heba.hamad at mtit.gov.ps
Thu Mar 10 21:49:55 UTC 2022

Dear sir,
 regarding  to summer time  for this year , the timing will be on 3/27/2022, but this does not necessarily mean that the change for the coming years will be on the same date.
You will be provided with any new decisions about summer and winter times for the coming years and we will try to provide you with any changes more earlier than previous years.
BR,

في الخميس, مارس 10, 2022 14:26 EST, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> كتب:
 3/04:50,http://www.palestinecabinet.gps/portal/Meeting/Details/51955 heba.hamad at mtit.gov.ps wrote:
> We would like to inform you that the summer time will begin in Palestine from Sunday 03-27-2022  ,00:00 AM  by 60 minutes forward.

Thanks, do you have a URL for that announcement?

It sounds like Palestine is changing its spring-forward rules, so that
Palestine will now spring forward at 00:00 on the first Sunday on or
after March 25, whereas during 2020 and 2021 Palestine sprang forward at
00:00 on the first Saturday after March 24. Is my understanding correct?

Knowing the transition rule would be helpful, because TZDB makes
predictions about future years, some computer applications rely on this
(perhaps unwisely, but that's what they do), and the more accurate the
predictions the better off everybody will be. This is related to Clive
Feather's point that we need plenty of advance notice of rule changes
(we'd like a year's notice).

Without knowing the answers to the above questions, I installed the
attached proposed patch into the TZDB development version. If possible,
I'd like to improve this (based on answers to the above questions)
before the next TZDB release, which should happen soon.